I am a refashioning, sewing, crafting, thrifting, bargain hunting, goodwill lovin' diva with 2 kids, trying to make it all work together.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Princess Procurement

Thankfully, my soon to be 4 year old can't read all the words in this post yet... but I have a confession to make:

Gulp. Here goes nothin'.... Every single present Grace is getting from us for her birthday IS or is directly related to a Disney Princess.

There. I said it... I admit it. I am embarrassed now, but feel better that I got this off my chest.

I have no idea what other family members or friends will get Grace for her birthday, but I will be OK if every single thing she gets has to do with princesses. Why? Well, I'm not sure. She loves them, that's all she talks about and because I want her to like her gifts and feel special because we listened to and value what she thinks is cool... I don't know, I guess that's it.

Confession #2: She is getting 2 princess shirts, but they will be night-night shirts only, and I think it's OK that I am setting that boundary.

So, there you have it.

On a totally unrelated note, listen to this song. If you are on facebook, you probably saw that I posted this link there too... but man, wow... this is my prayer.

Sometimes you feel like you need a fresh touch from God... like everything around you is stale and icky. Well, this song came on Pandora today, and was exactly what I needed to hear. Like a cool drink of water and a breeze on my face... Refreshing. Take a listen. Good stuff. I love Fred Hammond.

No comments:

Post a Comment